Health Benefits of A Beautiful Flower
Geranium plants repel mosquitoes!! Planted by doors and windows they can keep those pests from coming in the house. Geranium oil offers even more benefits.
Some of the most common geranium essential oil benefits are:
- Balances hormones
- Relieves stress
- Reduces depression
- Minimizes inflammation
- Improves circulation
- Alleviates the effects of menopause
- Improves dental health
- Reduces blood pressure
- Benefits the health of your skin
- Improves dental health
When an essential oil like geranium oil can address serious health issues like these, then you need to try it! This is a natural and safe tool that will improve your skin, mood and internal health.
5 Geranium Oil Uses
1. Wrinkle Reducer – Because geranium oil is an astringent, it induces contractions in several parts of the body. It has the power to minimize the look of wrinkles because it tightens facial skin and slows down the effects of aging. Add two drops of geranium oil to your face lotion and apply it twice daily. After a week or two, you will see the look of your wrinkles begin to fade away.
2. Muscle Toner – Geranium oil helps in tightening and contracting muscles – this is again due to its astringent properties. It can prevent your muscles and skin from sagging, and it can give you a more toned abdominal section. Create a massage oil by mixing five drops of geranium oil with one tablespoon of jojoba oil and massage it into your skin, focusing on your muscles.
3. Infection Fighter – The antibacterial properties found in geranium oil help to protect your body from infection. Geranium oil can stop bacteria from growing on the skin, like on a wound. To do this, rub two drops of geranium oil onto the affected area and cover it with gauze; you can repeat this remedy twice a day until the wound or cut is healed. (2)
When you use geranium oil to fight external infection, your immune system can focus on your internal functions and keep you healthier. Athlete’s foot, for example, is a bacterial infection that can be cured with geranium oil. To do this, add give drops of geranium oil to a foot bath with warm water and sea salt; do this twice daily for the best results.
4. Healing Helper – Geranium oil helps to speed up the healing process of cuts, wounds and incisions. It also helps in fading the look of scars and other spots on the skin quickly. Because geranium oil has powerful cicatrisant properties, it increases blood circulation right below the surface of the skin — this helps with the healing of spots caused by acne, cuts or wounds, surgical incisions or skin irritations.
5. Blood Clot Inducer – Geranium oil causes the contraction of blood vessels and, therefore, helps to stop blood flow; it also speeds up the formation of blood clots. This helps in the healing of wounds or incisions, and it keeps toxins from entering the body. This health benefits will even help to prevent hemorrhoids. Try adding one drop of geranium oil to ice cream or frozen soy milk. You can also add the oil to a teaspoon of wheat germ or flaxseeds.